You are here
Our Team Provides In-Depth Environmental Support to Increase Recycling Rates for Clean Earth Customers
Clean Earth is dedicated to recycling. Our team provides in-depth environmental review and support to assure every possible ton of waste accepted by Clean Earth that can be recycled – is recycled.
Every Clean Earth project goes through a detailed environmental review process. For our soil recycling projects, Clean Earth characterizes the contaminated soil from a project site to determine the volume that could potentially be recycled through our network of treatment and recycling facilities. This upfront waste characterization process presents a multitude of benefits. First and foremost – the environmental benefit. Through proper waste classification, expert environmental review, and multiple locations, Clean Earth has the capability to recycle more soil from a project site versus the often taken easy road of disposing directly into a landfill. Additionally, our network of facilities provides options for our customers. Clean Earth has the ability to take material from one project site to multiple facilities in and out of our full-service network.
Here is an overview of what our customers can expect when utilizing Clean Earth as their disposal and recycling outlet:
- Development of the project site map with sample locations to ensure samples are representative of the project site in its entirety.
- Sampling descriptions and methodology guidance.
- Facility QA / QC sample collections from received material to verify the profile.
- Provide overall sampling oversight and guidance, eliminating frustration of problematic waste streams.
- Firsthand view of the subsurface conditions.
Approval Package Preparation & Reviews
- Provide guidance for required approval and compliance reviews and develop the approval packages for all materials.
- Review profiles for accuracy and completeness.
- Issue approval letter for specific analytical data sets.
- Submit packages to 3rd party engineers or regulatory agencies for approval.
Waste Classification Guidance
- Provide guidance and scope for waste classification sampling; eliminates the guesswork on the waste classification sampling requirements and mitigates having soils managed improperly.
- Provide summary tables for waste classification and approvals.
- Compare data to facility permits and BU acceptance criteria.
- Review of facility permits to identify the specific types of wastes the facility can accept, note any outbound restrictions; assists in cross approval sampling.
- Designate material to the appropriate facility based on acceptability and economics.
- Account for and coordinate generator preferences on back-end outlets and required certifications (certificate of disposal, recycling, destruction, etc.).
Clean Earth environmental expertise provided on projects into our facilities will make a positive and significant impact on your project and our environment. Contact us today to learn more about soil treatment and recycling.
Author: Jamie Mance, Marketing Communications Specialist